Seat covers are the unsung heroes of the car accessory world. They constantly protect your seats from spills, stains, dirt, and every day wear and tear while keeping your seats looking great. There are a variety of seat covers out there, so how do you know which are the best seat covers for my car?
Custom vs Universal Seat Covers
So traditionally, car seat covers come in two types – custom and universal. Custom seat covers are tailor made to fit your make and model perfectly but come with a hefty price tag. Universal seat covers are much cheaper and can fit most any vehicle, but the trade off is that the fit won’t be accurate leaving much to be desired in the looks department. This leaves a great divide between the two types, basically leaving you to sacrifice quality for the sake of pricing…leaving the best seat covers for your car generally out of reach for the average person.
Semi Custom Seat Covers
One thing unique to is our line of semi custom seat covers, which fall somewhere between custom and universal seat covers. These seat covers are specially designed to fit a wide range of vehicles at an affordable price without any sacrifice on quality. This is accomplished via research of common features shared by most vehicles like detachable headrests, cup holders, split rear seats, side air bags, and more, and engineering a variety of semi custom seat covers to accommodate them all. This makes finding the best seat covers for your car easy and affordable – the hardest part is picking out the design you like most!
Seat Cover Fabrics
Now that we’ve covered the different types of seat covers, let’s get into the fabrics and materials. Seat covers come in a variety of materials to fit every lifestyle you can think of. Everyone has different needs. So which are the best seat covers for my car?
- Cloth: Cloth seat covers are generally made of polyester and cotton, which are durable enough to resist tears and rips but also soft to the touch and comfortable to sit on. In addition, cloth seat covers are machine washable which makes them easy to clean. Cloth seat covers are ideal for most lifestyles.
- Genuine Leather: Leather seat covers are generally considered to be the classiest of all. They definitely pack a punch in the aesthetics department, but they need to be taken care of. Leather seat covers are best suited for relaxed lifestyles.
- PU Leather: PU leather seat covers provide all the look and feel of genuine leather seat covers without the steep price tag or the upkeep. In addition, PU leather is also resistant to tearing and is coated with a water-resistant treatment, which makes it ideal for casual use.
- 3D Air Mesh: 3D Air Mesh seat covers provide increased air flow, allowing air to circulate behind you and keeping you cool no matter how hot, humid, or muggy it may be. These seat covers are awesome for particularly hot and humid climates.
- Neoprene: Neoprene seat covers are waterproof which makes them perfect for beach bums and the outdoorsy types. Neoprene is also great at protecting from sharp claws, which so it’s also perfect for animal lovers!
- Velour: Velour seat covers are silky and smooth, yet will still stand up to daily wear and tear. They’re perfect for people who just want an extra cozy seat to sink into on their daily commute.
- Oxford: Oxford seat covers are ultra heavy duty. Dirt, mud, spills, anything you can think of – oxford will stop it right in its tracks which makes these seat covers ideal for work vehicles.